NICKEL - First Session
NICKEL is an exercise routine that contains six exercises.
STEP 1: TOOLS NEEDED
For NICKEL, you will need:
- Grey Cook Band: For bodyweight up to 140lbs (64kgs), choose Level 1. For bodyweight 140 to 190lbs (64 to 86kgs), choose Level 2. For bodyweight, greater 190lbs (86kgs), choose Level 3.
- A rolled bath towel
- A furniture mover (for hard surface or carpet)
- Floor space to comfortably lie down
- NICKEL exercise routine log
STEP 2: WATCH THE TUTORIAL VIDEOS
How to Perform Quad Set
How to Perform Plank Sliders
How to Perform Starfish Burners
How to Perform Flamingo Punch
How to Perform Half Kneel Chop
How to Perform Backslider Punch
STEP 3: PERFORM TWO ROUNDS OF NICKEL
A ROUND is the successful completion of each exercise, one after another, in a routine.
One Round of NICKEL includes:
- Quad Sets: Perform 10 repetitions.
- Plank Slider: Perform 10 repetitions.
- Starfish Burners: Perform repetitions to reach an 80% fatigue level on each side.
- Flamingo Punch: Perform 10 repetitions.
- Half Kneel Chop: Perform 10 repetitions.
- Backslider Punch: Perform 10 repetitions.
Complete the exercises above twice. For example, do Quad Sets followed by Plank Slider then Starfish Burners, Flamingo Punch, Half Kneel Chop and Backslider Punch. Now, do it all again. That's TWO rounds.
TRAIN WITH LAURIE
Follow along with Laurie Kertz Kelly as she performs the exercises in NICKEL by clicking on the video below.
STEP 4: RECORD YOUR DATA
After completing TWO ROUNDS of NICKEL, record your data in the EXERCISE ROUTINE LOG.
- Click on BKL_Exercise_Routine_Log_NICKEL.pdf link.
- Print the BKL_Exercise_Routine_Log_NICKEL.